I am making 3 varieties of cookies this Christmas. I started them this past weekend and froze them all portioned and ready to bake:) We spend Christmas at my parents house and I figured if I start early I may not be overwhelmed…yeah right!!!! Any-who, the first cookie I made is a new one for me so I thought I would share:)
Easy Kisses Cocoa Cookies
- About 48 HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates (I used the Candy Cane Kisses instead)
- 1 pouch (17.5 oz.) BETTY CROCKER Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1/4 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa or HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 cup finely chopped pecans(optional)
- Powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Stir together cookie mix and cocoa. Add butter and pecans. Work with hands until dough forms a ball. Mold scant tablespoon of dough around each chocolate, covering completely. Shape into balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Cool about 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Roll in powdered sugar. Roll in powdered sugar again just before serving, if desired. About 4 dozen cookies.